Strategy of Ivano-Frankivsk Regional Branch of the All-Ukrainian Association
of Local Governments "Association of Ukrainian Cities"
History of the Organization
Ivano-Frankivsk Regional Branch of the All-Ukrainian Association of Local Governments "Association of Ukrainian Cities" (IF RB AUC) is a non-profit civic organization established on a voluntary basis by 15 local governments in the year 2000 in accordance with the Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine "On Civil Organizations " and other laws of Ukraine in order to defend the interests of local governments at the state and oblast (region) levels.
Today there are 50 municipalities in IF RB AUC, including 6 cities of regional subordination and 23 united territorial communities.
Mission of the organization
The main objective of our activities is to protect the existence, establishment and development of local governments in Ukraine, as well as coordination and interaction with state authorities, local governments, political parties and public associations to implement programs aiming at transformation of Ukraine into a country with an effective socially oriented market economy, developed and balanced infrastructure of public services in cities, high level of social protection of citizens.
2. Justification of the need for a competitive strategy:
2.1. Sectoral reforms: Local Government Reform. Decentralization, health care, education, housing and communal services, social protection, infrastructure, fiscal decentralization, employment, labor market.
2.2. Expansion of possibilities for consumption expenditures and development expenditures of the Ivano-Frankivsk Regional Branch, formation of territorial communities. Decentralization processes in the cities of oblast subordination;
2.3. Formation of a new human resources potential for local governments.
2.4. Changing management priorities (mission, vision, understanding of financial and quantitative indicators, project activities).
2.5. Expansion of the expert base and cooperation with public organizations, youth associations, scientific events, foreign and domestic donors, non-governmental organizations.
2.6. Expansion of influence on the social and economic environment.
2.7. Implementing activities based on European democracy models and municipal governance.
Target groups (beneficiaries) of the organization
1. Members of IF RB AUC
2. Local governments and territorial communities of the region;
4. Oblast executive authorities;
5. Oblast media;
6. Scientific institutions and organizations of the oblast;
7. Companies, institutions and organizations of the oblast, whose activities correspond to the mission of the IF RB AUC;
8. Civil society.
1.1.Laws of Ukraine:
- Constitution of Ukraine;
- On local government in Ukraine;
- On the Associations of Local Governments;
- On voluntary merger of territorial communities;
- On cooperation of territorial communities;
- On basic principals of the state regional policy;
- On public organizations;
- The Tax Code of Ukraine.
1.2.Resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine:
- On approval of the government strategy of regional development for the period till 2020;
- On approval of the procedure for shaping regional development strategies and plans for their implementation.
1.3.Decisions of local authorities:
- On the Strategy of development for Ivano-Frankivsk oblast for the period till 2020;
- - On the Strategy of development for Ivano-Frankivsk oblast for the period till 2028.
Strategic directions of activities
1. Direction А. Expert counseling
2. Direction В. Organizational and educational work
3. Direction С. Analytical support and information
4. Direction D. Project Management
5. Direction Е. Strengthening interregional and cross-border cooperation
1. Formation of an expert database in the field of LG activity
2. Providing expert support on legal, financial, organizational and other issues
3. Developing methodological materials on the LG activities
Organizational and educational work
1. Regular monitoring and evaluation of the LG activities
2. Developing thematic analytical reports on the LG activities
3. Ensuring regular coverage of the LG activities in the media
Analytical support and information
1. Organization of annual forums and other communication activities for RB AUC members
2. Thematic training on the LG activities
3. Forming a network of specialists responsible for the development and implementation of the Smart City concept for RB AUC members
1. Establishment of cooperation with donor organizations that support the work of LGs
2. Formation of an effective network of project managers of regional municipalities
3. Preparation and submission of projects for the development of municipalities
Strengthening interregional and cross-border cooperation
1. Establishing cooperation with associations of municipalities and NGOs involved in the development of European and American territorial communities
2. Formation of a database of foreign experts on the development of LGs
3. Organization of educational and study visits of the RB AUC members to EU countries